2.20.2006

Welcome to HardScores

Since when did 7 become the average? Why do our media reviews follow the same guidelines teachers use? Our video game library has become bloated with 8.8's, 8.9's, 9.0's... what's the difference? Hell if I know. Apparently, a game with the score of 9.4 deserves my $50 (now $60, for the "next generation") more than a title with the score of 9.3, hands down. It doesn't matter if I prefer strategy games over fighters, which I do - a Street Fighter game with the score of 9 should be bought over Disgaea if the same reviewer deemed it an 8.7.

Excuse me while I re-swallow my breakfast.

This is where my compatriots (yes, there are others that share this view and will be contributing) and I come in. 70% of the media reviewed or discussed will be considered 4-6... or average. 15% will be utter crap at 1-3; another 15% will be great with scores 7-9. About 5 titles in each media type will be given a 9 per year. 10's are reserved for "All-time" lists.

We'll give our favorites of 2006 soon. Stay tuned.

-Casey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home