2.22.2006

Xbox 360 At Wal-Mart

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday and witnessed quite the spectacle - two brand new Xbox 360s, one premium, one core. I looked at them and thought about plunking down almost $500 for the system, a game and a second controller.

Then I realized I don't WANT a 360.



The only reason I would buy the system is because I knew that the opportunity would be fleeting, that I might have to wait longer to get it. Maybe that's why Microsoft strangled the supply, so that when twelve 360's showed up at Best Buy on a Sunday all of them would be bought by parents that promised them as Christmas presents, eBayers and desperate gamers that must be at the height of technology.

I've been to a few gaming stores over the past weeks and three times I have seen someone walk in and ask how much they would get for a 360. One "smooth" EB Games sales ASSociate told the guy to wait around while he called one of the poor bastards on the reserve waiting list to see if they would buy a used system at a high price.

So I think I'll be holding off on the 360, maybe for two price drops. There isn't enough there for me to justify paying over $300 for the system (with a hard drive included) or $60 for the games.

So if you'll excuse me, I'll be playing my $120 DS and my $30 DS games.


-Casey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home