2.23.2006

IGN Reviews BLACK, Gives it Ridiculous Score

IGN just reviewed BLACK in time for the game's shipment February 28th. After a length, five page review, IGN gave it a very nice score of 8.6 (8.7 for PS2). Intrigued, I read the entire review and the final comments.

I came across this:
Lasting Appeal - "Only a half-dozen hours long and no multiplayer. It's worth a second time through, however." With the score of 5.

How can a game that only lasts 6 hours be this good? The most I could ever get out of this game is 12 hours, if I bother playing through it again? It seems that my preview was correct - this definitely will not be on the purchasing pile of next week's shipping list. I'm disgusted by the fact that IGN decided to allow this review to be so high - so close to 9 - with a glaring downside like this.

GameSpot gave the game a 7.4, much better but still not low enough. This IGN score still bothers me, however. Keep in mind that the game is produced by EA Games... just throwing it out there.


-Casey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home